Monday, September 8, 2008

The Secret...

I started reading the book "The Secret" which has been quite a stretch in thinking for me. Since The Secret is that everything is a result of the Law of Attraction and that positive thinking is the key to get what you want, it explains a lot about my lifes events, and it shows that I have a ways to go. I am undecided if I believe in this, but I get the point. It's the difference between the cup being half full and the cup being half empty. I admire people who always have an upbeat lookout on life. Optimisitic people always seem to be very happy....is it just a facade though? I used to like to think that they too had issues but just didn't let it show. But what if they really are that happy? What if my daughter's anoyingly upbeat piano teacher really is that happy and her life is that carefree??? On the other side, where does optimism turn into ignorance? If you walk around thinking everything is great, in theory The Secret has you believe that everything will indeed be great, but how does one make sure that things are not really spiraling out of control and that they are just refusing to see that things really aren't going as well as they believe? And how does one live their life by The Secret if thier spouse, with whom they share so much of their lives and responsibilites with, does not? These are things that I question and why it will be a stretch for me to live the life by The Secret. Real life can be hard, there are challenges, death, illness, etc....I'm not saying that you need to wallow in it but shouldn't we embrace and accept that?

No comments: