Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The story behind "Real Life is Hard"

How did I decide on the title for this blog? Funny story. I once dated a guy in college (I'll call him Vince) that was fortunate enough to grow up in a comfortable home. His parents were well off and he never had to pay for a book or a class. He was able to study abroad and travel the world. As we neared graduation we were talking of our plans for life after school. As we discussed jobs and responsibilities, such as actually paying his own rent, etc. he paused and said, "real life is gonna be hard." No shit Sherlock! I was not in the same place; I had been living real life for a long time. It was then that the end of our relationship became inevitable to me. It wasn’t long after that we went our separate ways. His realization that real life can be hard is one that I am amazed that anyone should have to come to. I was lucky enough to grow up with parents who schooled us in reality. Although my parents were not hard off, I was not handed everything, there were consequences and hard work was required. And I am grateful for that!

1 comment:

Jedimommy said...

"I'll call him Vince" Hahahahahaha . . . I nearly fell on the floor laughing. I hope you find blogging as enjoyable as I do. It sure is a great outlet for all that pent-up frustration that comes from living with men.

Can't wait to read your next post! I am your biggest fan (and an "extreme" cheerleader).

Please, please, please blog about the mountain biking class. You are too much girlfriend.

Hahahahaha . . . still laughing.